Heavy Equipment Operator
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Fastens attachments to tractor with clevis or wedge pin hitches. Learn and follow safety regulations.
- Take actions to avoid potential hazards or obstructions, such as utility lines, other equipment, other workers, or falling objects.
- Load and move dirt, rocks, equipment, or other materials.
- Start engines, move throttles, switches, or levers, or depress pedals to operate machines, such as trackhoes or backhoes.
- Drive and maneuver equipment equipped with blades in successive passes over working areas to remove topsoil, vegetation, or rocks or to distribute and level earth or terrain.
- Coordinate machine actions with other activities, positioning or moving loads in response to hand or audio signals from crew members.
- Align machines, cutterheads, or depth gauge makers with reference stakes and guidelines or ground or position equipment, following hand signals of other workers.
- Adjust handwheels and depress pedals to control attachments, such as blades, buckets, scrapers, or swing booms.
- Operate loaders to pull out stumps, rip asphalt or concrete, rough-grade properties, bury refuse, or perform general cleanup.
- Check fuel supplies at sites to ensure adequate availability.
- Locate underground services, such as pipes or wires, prior to beginning work.
- Repair and maintain equipment, making emergency adjustments or assisting with major repairs as necessary.
- Monitor operations to ensure that health and safety standards are met.
- Keep records of material or equipment usage or problems encountered.
- Clean up piles of asphalt, concrete, or spoils in an expedient manner to facilitate crew production.
401K, Dental insurance, employee assistance program, flexible spending account, Health insurance, Paid time off, Referral program, Vision insurance
Monday-Friday, Weekend availability
- Have a valid driver's license.
- Able to pass a background/MVR check as well as a urine drug screen/fitness test
EEO/AA- TrueRock Construction, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please fill out an application below.Job Application